Adopt-A-Senior | A My Neighbor's Keeper Initiative
Bring joy to the lives of local and nation-wide seniors this holiday season by joining My Neighbor’s Keeper for our 4th annual Adopt-A-Senior drive, December 1 – 18, 2020. Seniors selected as gift recipients through Adopt-A-Senior, typically do not have visitors, family or friends, and would benefit from the items on their wish list. Each gift tag item is carefully selected by the resident, with the thoughtful supervision of an Omega Senior Living community associate. Residents who receive gifts are overwhelmed with joy and appreciate being remembered. Their gratitude and thoughtful words on delivery day have been known to move the room to tears.
In the last three years, 2,289 gifts valuing $31,779, have been collected for over 458 adopted seniors. By believing in our basic principle of caring for the needs of other in the communities that we live and work in, we hope to continue to grow the number of recipients each year. This can only be accomplished with the help of our employees, residential and commercial tenants, guests of managed hotels, vendors and community members like you.
For Questions, please call 316.263.2215.
How to Adopt a Senior w/ a Gift Tag:
Adopting a senior is as easy as 1…2…3…
- Stop by the office of one of the Weigand-Omega Management properties (See Link Below) or our home office at 333 S. Broadway in Wichita, KS.
- To find a property in your area, please visit our Find A Property page!
- Select an Adopt-A-Senior gift tag from the tree, check it out with reception and take it with you.
- Shop for the items on your tag(s) and return them wrapped to the office where you picked them up by December 13th. Please secure the original gift tag to the packages!
We will be delivering all of the gifts as a team in the Wichita area on Thursday, December 19th and Nation-Wide by Friday, December 20th to the Adopt-A-Senior recipients. During our visit, we enjoy fellowship with them and will be bringing along festive musical entertainment for all to enjoy!
How to Contribute Without Filling a Tag:
- Select and purchase items from our general gift registry list on this page (please see below).
- Return your purchased gifts to the corporate office at 333 S. Broadway in Wichita, KS, by December 13th. Our team will wrap and gift them as needed.
- Donate Wal-Mart, Target or Amazon gift cards at a value of your choice by December 13th, and we will use them to purchase items to fill tags as needed. Sorry, no cash donations can be accepted at this time.
General Gift Donations Needed:
- Nice Men’s Dress Shirt (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
- Nice Women’s Sweater or Dress Blouse (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
- Comfy Robe (All Sizes)/Throw Blankets
- Personal Radio/Large Print Book/Hand-held Magnifying Glass
- Men’s Sweat Pants/Men’s Zip-up Sweat Shirts (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
- Women’s Sweat Pants/Women’s Zip-up Sweat Shirts (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
- Men’s & Women’s Socks/Nice Slipper Socks with Grips
- Women’s Soft Tank Top Style Sports Bras (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
- Men’s & Women’s House Shoes with Sole (Range in Sizes)
- Nice Body Wash/Body Puff/Shampoo/Conditioner or Gift Set
- Body Lotion/Hand Lotion/Lip Balm or Gift Set
- Nail Polish/Nail File/Polish Remover/Cotton Balls/Nail Clippers or Gift Set
- Beard Trimmers/Men’s Electric Razor/Magnification Mirror
- Personal Grab Stick/Reacher/Pick-up Tool
- Word Search/Crossword Puzzles/Adult Coloring Books/Puzzles (300-500 pieces)
- Non-perishable Snack Items: Soda, Chips, Cookies, Trail Mix, Flavored Pop Corn/Puff Corn (hulless), sweet treats, shelf-stable meat and cheese gift sets, etc.
Message from Craig Hanson
“Nearly half of all seniors don’t have visitors during the holiday season, and we believe it is important to reach out to as many of them as possible to let them know that they are not forgotten this Christmas,” said Craig Hanson, President of Weigand-Omega Management and CEO of Omega Senior Living.
He further stated, “At the heart of these family-run companies, we believe in the basic principle of caring for the needs of others in the communities that we live and work in. Our associates enjoy having opportunities to serve others, and our My Neighbor’s Keeper program allows our team members to use their talents and skills in areas they are passionate about. In my personal experience (and from the stories shared by our associates whom delivered these gifts each year), we shared in the smiles, hugs, and saw grateful tears on the faces of seniors that hadn’t received gifts for years. It was absolutely priceless. We are honored to get the chance to know these amazing people and share in yet another special moment with them this holiday season.”
Pictured: Bob Hanson, Chief Executive Officer, CPM for Weigand-Omega Management / Chairman of the Board for Omega Senior Living (left), and Craig Hanson, President, CPM, RPA for Weigand-Omega Management and Chief Executive Officer for Omega Senior Living (right).